Thursday, April 5, 2012

What I Could Do

Shuffling songs together - Odd Future into Orpheum Bell - now that's a zesty and refreshingly-disorienting blend. "We Got Bitches..." into "Cuckholded Wren..."

I'd advise you to try something similar today.

Clash.

Anyways...
Songs on my mind this week...
The sweet snarl to Mick's voice, "raving on the corner, out of my mind..." those haunting, icicle-drizzles of piano and the way that guitar feels like its being punched, more so than its being strummed...



...what I could do...
 
And then there's this song, which speaks to how scattered my mind can be...so much to do, so little time... Sparkling with that jittery synth-bass and weirdly wrung by words like "...anomolies anonymous connected to the mothership..."

 
"...bonfire on woodbridge, hangin with a bunch of kids....spaced-out..."

The Anonymous just put out a disc on Woodbridge Records, the same label housing The Summer Pledge, who have their own album, Vessels -coming out next month (stay tuned). Bassett,  meanwhile, has some physical copies coming of his recently-digi-released album - and he's working towards some solo shows, -first up: May 8th at the Crofoot.

No comments: