Saturday, December 3, 2016

Michigan Music in 2016 (pt 1 of 2)




What a year! You've spent said year reading paragraphs of my thoughts on a lot of the music featured in this playlist. So rather than ramble at you any further, I'll just let the music do the talking. Today is a Saturday, hopefully you've got the day off and can just hang out here for a sec and stream some of the newest songs by artists all around Michigan (albeit mostly Detroit). By next Saturday (the 10th) I'll have "part 2" of the Michigan Music rundown uploaded into a Spotify. 

While it doesn't happen as much as it did more than five years ago, whenever anyone asked why I hadn't left Detroit yet for some other music mecca like a Nashville or an Austin or a Brooklyn, I would always point back to these year-end lists. Each year it blooms bigger, brighter; more vibrant. I'm already writing too many words... Let's get on with "Part One..."
More to come, next weekend. 



















































No comments: