"What is civilization? I answer, the power of good women..." (-Ralph Waldo Emerson)
Last year, right around Valentine's Day - the Crofoot hosted its inaugeral WOMEN! celebration - bringing together a dozen musical acts and a handful of visual/installation/performing artists of the female gender - and dedicating an entire night full of music, art, and a ricochet of introductions and exchange of ideas/perspectives.
The Crofoot is continuing to spotlight the remarkably verdant community of female artists in Southeastern Michigan and their vital contributions to its continued health, growth and camaraderie.
Marvelous, madcap comedian Maria Bamford headlines this year's WOMEN Celebration at the Crofoot, along with sixteen bands (bands fronted-by, or prominently featuring female performing artists) -across three stages (throughout the complex.)
* LETTERCAMP * THE BARRETTES * LEGENDARY CREATURES * ILLY MACK * FAWN * MISTY LYN and THE BIG BEAUTIFUL * LIGHTNING LOVE * GOLDEN * THE PEACE LEECHES * THE WOMEN of THE SCHOOL OF ROCK * AUDRA KUBAT * HANNAH FRALICK * LAUREN DEMING * THE MARVINS * JESSICA CARMICHAEL *
* AMY DREAMCATCHER * CASH 4 GOLD * DJ LG * JENNIFER ROHDE – Dorkwave * DJ DANA DEADLY *
comedy performances by:
THE LAUGH RIOT DOLLS
* HEATHER KOZLAKOWSKI * ESTHER NEVAREZ * MAJI MU * PENNY BOWLER * DORA BADGER * TERRI STEARN * LISA SEMERAD *
the visual artisty of:
* VANESSA MILLER * KATIE BARKEL * KT ANDRESKY * AMY KAHERL * AMANDA LE CLAIRE * KATE DAUGHDRILL * CAITLIN DRINKARD * DEE HAMKA * OKSANA MIRZOYAN * LINDSAY DRINKARD * DEVIN CHICAS * ERIN SWEENY * CORINA REYNOLDS * MEGHANN ROTARY * CHANEL VON HABSBURG-LOTHRINGEN * REBECCAMICH * ANGELA JACKMAN * BRITTANY POOL * NATASHA BESTE * REBECCA BYINGTON * SONJA DAHL * NATALIE JENNINGS * ALEXIS BOGSANOVA-HANNA * AMRINE TOMLINSON * JEN P. SMITH * LINDSAY FARRIS *
and handmade crafts from:
* ASTA CROCHET * LILACPOP * CHRISTINE EDWARDS * ROSIE BUTTONS * MOVING BEAUTY *
Proceeds from the event will benefit The Michigan Women's Foundation for a second time. THE MICHIGAN WOMEN'S FOUNDATION (MWF) has dedicated more than 20 years championing the causes of social justice for women and girls through public and grantee education, philanthropy, and advocacy.