Friday, July 8, 2011

Driftin

Still killing time until I get my laptop back... And, yes, feeling self-conscious about my dependency.

In the meantime:

A band I've been watching for a handful of years now, notably for their blend of Americana to shoegaze - The War On Drugs have a new video (below), an awkward-sounding song title, "Baby Missles," from an equally awkward-sounding album title, "Slave Ambient," (out in mid August on Secretly Canadian). They'll come to Ann Arbor's Blind Pig on 8/25, by the by...



The War on Drugs "Baby Missiles" from Secretly Jag on Vimeo.


~

Also...what were you listening to, 10 years ago? A particularly formative album for me was this schizophrenic blender spew of triphop, turntablism and avant-garde ambient pop that came from Australia - The Avalanches Since I Left You -
This song kinda sums their 2001 LP's surrealist kaleidoscope tendencies - snotty, savvy, charming, off-putting, -it took you through the ringer.


You can read about their eventual re-issuing of said-album from Tiny Mix Tapes.

No comments: