Friday, July 1, 2016

The Landmarks - To Fear the Wild Things (video premier)

This weekend, I've got a premier of Ypsi-based quintet The Landmarks new music video, “To Fear the Wild Things…”


This song was released in January on the band’s Challenge EP. I’m digging the 90’s-ish VCR fuzziness, the haunting blue filters, the adrenaline-surged camera work…and that fervent violin! This song was my favorite from their most recent EP and I feel it aptly captures their ricocheting rock energy. What began as a jagged indie-pop more than two years ago has evolved into a frenetic-yet-graceful weaving of baroque elements, post-punk adrenaline and space-rock shimmer. 

Having just played at A2SF’s Top of the Park, the Landmarks are already eager to get back into the studio, soon. 



Their next show is the following Saturday (July 9) in Ferndale, at the Loving Touch, with Nina & The Buffalo Riders and Liquid Monk. (More info).


2 comments:

Adam Egherman said...

I love the song and the video! Great work guys and keep it up.

Unknown said...

Keep it up guys! I feel something really great coming for you